Sunday, August 23, 2009

1 Week until school

I can't believe it's that time already-- Is summer really almost over?? My kids are excited to go back to school, although I don't think they realize that they will be away from Mommy for 7 hours a day. I've always stayed home with them and loved our time together. Autumn, who will be 8 next month has struggled with separation anxiety the past two years and even begs me to home school her.... LOL, and I do mean LOL. There is NO way I could be disciplined enough to home school my kids, not to mention I really think they need the social interaction of their peers and a teacher, which I am NOT!
This will be Thomas and Fasika's first year of full-time school. Fasika is soo independent I am not at all worried about her. Thomas on the other hand is a TOTAL mommy's boy and I am afraid he will have a difficult time with this transition. He's even worried about missing his puppy, Beef! They are truly best buddies and have been since Beef joined our family more than a year ago!! Thomas and Fasika will be in the same class with the same teacher. I was unsure if I should place them together or separate them. I talked to them about it and their pre-school teacher and we all decided that they would do best together. Thomas and Fasika are buddies and really have a blast playing with each other. They are very protective of each other, sometimes too protective! Just the other day Fasika was playing on the floor with one of her friends when her friend ripped her favorite baby doll right out of her hands.... Fasika said "Tommy John, Kaylee took my toy" Thomas walked over and demanded Kaylee to "GIVE IT BACK" or he would have to take it from her. Kaylee obeyed, Fasika said "thanks handsome boy" Thomas looked back as he walked away and said "Now be nice to my Sista!" LOL, it was sooo cute.


AND did I forget to mention that the thought of getting 3 kids, PLUS my husband ready for school/work and out the door on time terrifies me!! I don't want mornings to be chaos, I don't want any yelling, I don't want any fighting. I want to send them off for the day happy and smiling and prepared. I do not want to send my kids to school unprepared. I'm afraid I will forget to pack sneakers on gym day, or books on library day, or a special toy on show & tell day, 3 snacks, 3 lunches, 3 water bottles, HOMEWORK ......oh and the list goes on. Organization is KEY, but when "Completely Organized Chaos" describes my family/life I am afraid that we are in for some rocky mornings!!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the fears of the morning rush. It takes an army to get everyone up and ready and at the bus on time. I will miss my kids so very much because we have had the sweetest summer together. I wish I could hold them close forever but letting go of them is something I am always having to practice. I hope that they all have a good first day of school.

    We should get the kids together. Naomi only goes to school on Thurs/Fri so we have a few days a week with both my little ones at home. Do your preschoolers go eaach day? Let me know.

    manykids4us@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie! Good luck with getting them all to school on time! Oh, and yes, there WILL be days when you forget the show & tell, the lunch, and the P.E. sneakers! LOL....... But it is ok, we are NOT perfect, but pretty darn close. Your an amazing mom and they will be just fine! Miss you! LORI

    ReplyDelete