Thursday, April 15, 2010

I love this necklace and I really want it!! After I came across it, I really started to think about it's meaning.... and what it means to me. My journey, like all journeys, has a beginning. Although I'm not sure exactly where mine started or where it will end. Everyday there are new places to explore, new people to meet, new ways of looking at the world. There are always ups & downs and bumps along the way. Bright, sunny days and dark, miserable rainy days... all a part of the journey. The possibilities spread themselves out before me everyday. I always find myself looking forward..... forward to the "prize" or to the end of the day, or to Friday, or to summer, or vacation... I'm always wishing time would fly, always looking ahead. Is it bad that I've even wished away entire months??? Once it's gone, it's gone-- there's just no going back, all you can do is sit there and think about the time that has past and what you wished you had done with it. It's always nice to have something to look forward to, but at the same time it's easy to forget to appreciate the process and all of the possibilities along the way.

Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, and months pass by without notice or a care, and for every moment that passes by, I am always too busy looking forward to and anticipating the next, that I never take the time to appreciate and enjoy what's right there in front of me.

It's not the destination I'm going to be looking forward to anymore, instead, I'm going to make the best of the journey. I'm going to dance with my kids in the rain, and stare the shit days straight in the face. I'm not going to wish away the bad days, or any days for that matter. Instead I'm going to take every day as it comes and with my eyes wide open, I'll appreciate it for what it is and take away as much as I can.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the love of this!

    In another way, I look at it and think of something I heard once about Churches. How some people think the Church is the destination, and it's really just the hub (like an airport) to send people out. :)
    Know it's off the subject, but for some reason it really hit me when I read the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written and something I so needed to hear. I will be doing the same - Enjoy your journey my friend!

    ReplyDelete