Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Let me tell you about how an orphan changed my life....

Help me in Defending the cause of the Orphan.... From Tom Davis' blog: http://tomdavis.typepad.com/

In your own words and experiences express your POSITIVE and FULL OF LOVE adoption story, here's your chance to help defend the orphan:

1. Write a "positive protest post" on your blog that references the movie, Orphan.2. Focus on your orphan care or adoption story that is positive, redeeming, and full of love.3. Link your post here via a trackback or comment.4. Send out an e-mail, Facebook message, or tweet to get others to do the same on their blogs.

If you don't have a blog, post your store on the
Christian Alliance for Orphans Site.

Just finish this sentence: "Warner Bros. new horror movie Orphan proclaims that it must be hard to love an adopted child as much as your own. Let me tell you about how an orphan changed my life..."

MY POSITIVE PROTEST!!
I am the mom to 3 amazing children. All 3 a blessing. All 3 make my heart melt. All 3 make me laugh and give me my highest highs. All 3 make me cry and give me my lowest lows. All 3 require my sweet kisses on their boo boos. All 3 crave my attention. All 3 are the reason I get up and work my ass off everyday. All 3 call me MOMMY and I couldn't live one day without anyone of them.

Did I mention one of 3 was adopted??? Ummm, NO. In our eyes it doesn't matter how our child came to be a part of our family, whether it was through the amazing miracle of birth or through our amazing journey of adoption. Both journeys have their own ups and downs, neither one more significant than the other-- just different paths that led me to being a mommy of 3.

I THANK GOD for the option to grow my family through adoption, without it, my once "orphan" daughter wouldn't be one of the (3) biggest miracles in my life. Oh, and there is NOTHING about her that is "HARD" to love. Quite the opposite actually!! She is simply amazing, simply sweet, simply naughty, simply beautiful, simply MY DAUGHTER (adopted or NOT)

Obviously anyone who would think that a once "orphan" child would be hard to love, has not been touched by a child who is now thriving in a loving family. A family who wished, prayed, and longed for a child to call their own. A family whose life is much richer because of an "orphan." A family whose dreams have come true because of an "orphan." A family who is a FAMILY because they were blessed to be parents of an "orphan"

Orphan = simply a BLESSING

3 comments:

  1. SO well put!! I love it. And your children are precious. :) I love your blog and am looking forward to following it! As a mama who's waiting for her little boy in Ethiopia it makes my heart smile to see pictures of your sweet little girl at home with her family. What a blessing indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you found me!!! I would love to get the kids together. Email me at manykids4us@charter.net and we shall set a date. Great blog and I can't wait to shop!! I love the sign with the hand. I need that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice post. I have enjoyed checking out your blog and really like what you have to say.

    Perfect song! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete