Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas Eve...Still hasn't come yet... Passing the time with his bff Baby (grampa) is responsible for this! Notice Fasika is still trying to be "ghetto" and has rubbed off on her cousin Frankie!! This is the 2nd annual "be proud of what your Baby gave you, yo!"
Another cRaZy Christmas is over..... Apparently Santa thought we were all exceptional all year long-- I'm thinking he might have been watching the wrong family!!! For the past few weeks I've been threatening the kids with "Santa's watching" and "Do you really think that behavior/language is going to land you on the nice list??" Apparently the kids know Santa is a bit of a softy and is extremely flexible when it comes to them breaking the rules.

Is it bad that I sit here tonight..... thankful that Christmas is over?? Let me break it down for you...
Top 5 reasons I'm glad Christmas is over:

1. I can't afford another trip to the mall-- Seriously I'm sure GMAC is also happy Christmas is over-- they are patiently awaiting my car payment!! I have come to conclude that I can't afford Christmas AND my bills! Thank God Christmas only comes once a year!!!
2. I'm ready to put my house back in order. Ready to take the tree down and all of the clutter that decorating brings.
3. FOOD. I'm so full that I want to start my new year's diet NOW! (haha, that urge will be gone by morning, I'm sure!!)

4. The "Santa is watching" threats just aren't working anymore. I can now "ground" them from all of their new gifts-- hahaha!!
5. No more Christmas music at Walmart-- did anyone else notice that Walmart started playing Christmas music right after Halloween this year?!?!? Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but seriously it was sooo early.
After all of the excitement and all of the presents the kids are finally sleeping!! Right before Thomas fell asleep, he said "mommy, how many day's till Christmas??" That same question I happily answered several times a day for the past 25+ days.... I answered, "365 sweetie!! Just enough time for mommy to catch up on bills and pay off Christmas 2009!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment