Monday, December 7, 2009

WARNING: It's Contagious and I HOPE you get it!!


Soo over the weekend I had a special request on my ETSY website for 5 of my Hands for Africa Pendants, it's by far my largest quantity of necklaces in a single order-- so I was curious and asked the buyer if she had a handful of friends/family in the adoption process, and she said....


"Actually no. My friends and I decided last year to give money to a charity instead of gifts for Christmas. I am giving a donation to Doctors Without Borders as their present this year, saw your pendent and thought it would be nice to give them so when they wore it they would think of the donation."


I just packaged up the necklaces, added a few of my favorite decals and sent it on it's way-- I feel so honored to be a part of this!! It gives me even more determination to fundraise and put all the money to good use. Sometimes I sit here and I think of how much needs to be done, it's so overwhelming, it almost seems like a task that is impossible achieve. Then I come across people like this, like Debbie and I realize that every little bit helps-- and if we all pitch in WE can make a difference, to a child, to a family, to an entire village. It's contagious, one person gives and touches the heart of another and it continues on and on and on.... soo, the next time I sit here and think to myself... "can I truly make an impact?" I will be at peace and know I can because I am inspired by people like Debbie and maybe, just maybe, someone will be inspired by me and someone by them and on and on and on... I can only hope.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Valerie;

    !!!! I love your heart. So nice to meet you and your family!

    I popped into your Etsy shop...what great designs and what a fabulous way to raise money for your daughter's village.

    When I am past our adoption...I will come back and shop!

    Merry Christmas friend.

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted

    *expecting again...from Ethiopia!

    ReplyDelete