Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My excuse....

Ok, so I don't have an excuse...
So here was the conversation last night right around dinner time:
Thomas: Mommy, what's that smell??
Me: That's dinner....
Thomas: Dad's home??
Me: Nope, not yetttt...
Thomas: Well, what's that smell?
Me: Dinnerrrr
Thomas: But where's dad??
Me: On his wayyyy
Thomas: but....?
(with a confused look on his face...)
And then the sad reality hits-- When daddy usually walks in, SO does the smell of dinner-- yup, that's when you know you get take-out wayyy too much..... oh and one last hint-- when you call the local restaurant (Behind the Scenes, soooo yummy!!) and they say... "You guys want the usual??"
Sad, so sad!! So tonight (just right now), I've decided that I'm going to get better at planning dinners around here-- Not only is take-out expensive, it's just NOT healthy. And it's not like I don't go to the grocery store every week and spend way too much money, and I really do LOVE to cook, so this should be an easy task!
Ok, that's my plan-- as I sit here (waiting for Chinese to arrive! yum!) I'm already thinking about next weeks dinner menu, and it does NOT include McDonald's, China Town, Behind the Scenes, Friendly's or Applebees!! =)
Ok, got to go-- daddy's home, and SO is dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment